Your Personal Data is valuable and important to us. The purpose of this document (“Privacy Statement”) is to inform you of how the Marine Online manages and protects the Personal Data you provided to us to which is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (“the Act”) applies.
Please read this Privacy Statement so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
By interacting with us, submitting information to us, enrolling or signing up for services offered by us, you agree and consent to the Marine Online (including and their respective related corporations) (collectively, the “Companies”), as well as their respective representatives and/or agents (“Representatives”) (the Companies and Representatives collectively referred to herein as “ Marine Online “, “us”, “we” or “our”) collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to the Companies’ authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Marine Online may from time to time update this Privacy Statement to ensure that this Privacy Statement is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of this Privacy Statement as updated from time to time on our website https://shipping-news.marineonline.com/index.php/privacy-policy/. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
1. Personal Data
In this Privacy Statement, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, transactional data and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, (including in the form of biometric data), or via other forms of interaction with you.
2. Collection of Personal Data
2.1 Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you use our electronic services, or interact with us via websites or use services on our websites;
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list; or when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data, our promotions and other initiatives;
- when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for business related reason;
- when you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies. Our website does not automatically collect Personal Data, including your email address unless you provide such information or login with your account credentials;
- when you submit any form, including but not limited to application, declaration, proposal or referral forms;
- when you use some of our services provided through online and other technology platforms, eg. websites and apps including when you establish any online accounts with us;
- when you interact with our staff, including customer service officers, relationship managers and other representatives, for e.g. via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, face-to-face meetings, digital platforms (including social media) and email;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and agents and other service providers;
- when we seek or receive information about you in connection with your application, registration, claims for example, from other party, marine / seafarer associations, hospitals, clinics, your ex-employer and the relevant authorities; and/or
- when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions and transactions with us, or when you use our services
2.2 You as a user to our platform services should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. If there is a change to your contact information such as your home address, email address or telephone number, company contact, please promptly update us. This ensures that you will continue to receive communications from us without disruption or delay. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with services you have requested.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
3.1 Generally, Marine Online collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to, processing and handling your queries, complaints, feedback, suggestions and requests;
- verifying your identity;
- managing the administrative and business operations of the Companies and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- facilitating business transactions
- matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- requesting feedback or participation in surveys, as well as conducting market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to design our products, understand customer behaviour, preferences and market trends, and to review, develop and improve the quality of our services;
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime, including fraud and money-laundering or terrorist financing, and analysing and managing commercial risks;
- project management;
- providing media announcements and responses;
- organizing promotional events; marketing purposes (Online/Offline)
- in connection with any claims, actions or proceedings (including but not limited to drafting and reviewing documents, transaction documentation, obtaining legal advice, and facilitating dispute resolution), and/or protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- complying with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement
- any other purposes relating to the aforesaid.
3.2 In addition, Marine Online platform collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes depending on the nature of our relationship:
a. If you are a prospective buyer, supplier or distributor
- where account or relationship managers or agents have been assigned to service your account or portfolio, we may also use your telephone number(s) to contact you from time to time in order to take your instructions, and/or provide you with information, updates, or recommendations and/or in accordance with the terms and conditions of our agreement with you;
- arranging contracts of goods or agreements;
- assessing and processing any applications or requests made by you for services offered by Marine Online platform;
- customer outreach and relationship management;
- archival management (including but not limited to warehouse storage and retrievals); communicating with you (including by way of telephone calls) in relation to your registration and informing you of updates to the registration, terms and conditions and providing administrative information, including for the purposes of servicing you in relation to the products and services offered to you;
- administering, maintaining, managing and operating the services offered to you
- sending updates and administrative notices to you in relation to the services used by you
- any other purposes relating to the aforesaid.
b. If you submit an application or registration to us as a candidate for an employment (crewing section)
- processing your application including pre-recruitment checks, such as qualifications;
- providing or obtaining employee references and for background screening/vetting;
- facilitating and arranging interviews;
- assessing your suitability for the position applied for;
- communicating with you as required by Marine Online to comply with its policies and processes, including for business continuity purposes;
- processing staff referrals;
- any other purposes relating to the aforesaid.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in delays in the processing of your application, or our inability to process your application.
c. If you are a Member of the Crewing Online Programme (“Crewing Online”)
- providing communication products, in particular to convey the communications you make by means of our services;
- offering and informing you of the benefits under the Programme;
- informing you about service updates, delays and/or faults;
- requesting feedback or participation in on-line surveys;
- conducting market research for statistical, profiling or other purposes;
- organising and carrying out marketing or promotional operations and similar events; and
- any other purposes relating to the aforesaid.
d. If you are an employee, officer or owner of an external service provider or vendor outsourced or prospected by Marine Online:
- managing supply of services;
- processing and payment of vendor invoices; and/or
- any other purpose relating to any of the above.
3.3 Marine Online platform collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data if you are submitting an application for or purchasing a Marine Online product/services through any forms of payment gateways e.g. Paypal, Credit Cards or any other payment vendors which we may change solely on Marine Online discretion.
3.4 In addition, where permitted under the Act, Marine Online may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes (which we may describe in our documents and agreements as “Additional Purposes” for the handling of Personal Data):
- providing or marketing services, products and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes;
- matching Personal Data with other data collected from time to time for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision or offering of products and services, whether by any of the Companies or other third parties;
- iii. sending you details of products, services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or which the Companies have identified may be of interest to you; and
- conducting market research, understanding and analysing customer behaviour, location, preferences and demographics for the Companies to offer you products and services as well as special offers and marketing programmes which may be relevant to your preferences or profile.
3.5 If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, Marine Online may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) with information about our products and services (including discounts and special offers).
3.6 In relation to particular products or services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
4.1 Marine Online will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure of personal data. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be provided, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following entities or parties, whether they are located in Singapore or overseas:
- Marine Online related corporations;
- companies providing services relating to the operations within Marine Online;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to Marine Online, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, processing, training, market research, customer support investigation services or other services to Marine Online;
- vendors or other third party service providers in connection with products and services offered by Marine Online credit reporting agencies, including Credit Bureau (Singapore), or in the event of default or disputes, any debt collection agencies or dispute resolution centres;
- where we require payment from you, your banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- third party referrers;
- our co-brand and other business partners;
- external business in relation to corporate promotional events;
- our professional advisers such as our auditors and lawyers;
- relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws, rules and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority such as the Monetary Authority of Singapore, the Ministry of Manpower; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
4.2 You hereby agree and consent that your resume may be disclosed to recruiter or employer or advertiser or any third party on the Marine Online Platform in order to effectively manage and render our services to you. You are responsible to provide real, accurate, not misleading, complete and up-to-date information to us and any other person whose personal data you provided to us. The personal data we may collect from your application includes information such as email address, name, telephone number, education, employment history, place of residence, graduated school or university, expected working location, expected job title, resume, date of birth, political profile, hometown, year of graduation, height, weight, marital status, expected salary, notice period, awarded certificate, language and skills, self-evaluation, hobby and upload corresponding attachments, etc.
5.1 When you interact with us on our websites, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser. We may deploy cookies in order for our server to recognise a return visitor as a unique user including, without limitation, monitoring information relating to how a visitor arrives at the website, what kind of browser a visitor is on, what operating system a visitor is using, a visitor’s IP address, and a visitor’s click stream information and time stamp (for example, which pages they have viewed, the time the pages were accessed and the time spent per web page).
5.2 Cookies are small text files placed in the ‘Cookies’ folder on your computing or other electronic devices which allow us to remember you. The cookies placed by our server are readable only by us, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on an electronic device. All web-browsers offer the option to refuse any cookie, and if you refuse our cookie then we do not gather any information on that visitor.
5.3 Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you may not be able to enter certain part(s) of our website.
6. Data Security
6.1 Marine Online will take reasonable efforts to protect Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that for example no harmful code will enter our website (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
6.2 While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet, and we urge you to take every precaution to protect your Personal Data when you are on the Internet. We recommend that you change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and ensure that you use a secure browser.
6.3 If applicable, you undertake to keep your username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorized person, and to inform us as soon as reasonably practicable if you know or suspect that someone else knows your username and password or believe the confidentiality of your username and password has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorized transactions have taken place. We are not liable for any damages resulting from any security breaches, on unauthorized and/or fraudulent use of your username and password.
7.1 If you receive spam messages and want to report it to us, please forward the message you have received to email@example.com.
8. Third-Party Sites
8.2 In certain circumstances when you are using the functions or services of the Marine Online App, we may use the Software Development Kit (hereinafter referred to as “SDK”) provided by the third-party service providers to provide our services to you and your personal information will be collected by third-party service providers. SDK includes the following:
(1) JPush SDK. In order to deliver push notification to you in time, we used the Jiguang Push SDK, which needs to obtain the unique identification information of your mobile terminal (IMEI number), mobile phone model, system type, system version, network type, SIM card operator information, and device App list, MAC address, International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI), running programs, and User authorises App push notifications.
(2) Sentry Error Log Monitoring SDK. In order for us to capture the program problems that occur when you are using our App and to fix these problems timely to ensure your normal usage, the SDK needs to obtain your mobile terminal model, system type, system version, network type, SIM card operator information, device App list, MAC address, International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI), and reporting error information.
(3) Easemob Real-Time Communication SDK. This provides real-time communication services such as live chat and the following information will be collected to offer continuous services and ensure service quality:
- Information relating to your device, including your device type, device model, information of operating systems,
- Information relating to your network conditions, including your IP address, signal strength information, network type,
- Information relating to your interaction with our products, including your user ID, channel information, duration of using our products, names, and data log of the communication channel;
- Information collected during live chat: while using our services, your text communication information, audio and video information will be collected, transmitted, and stored to enable communication services. This information generated from such interactions and communications includes your personal information content, text, pictures, images, sounds, and/ or videos which you might send.
- When using the GPS service, your GPS location, latitude and longitude information will be collected.
9. Contacting Us – Feedback, Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
9.1 If you:
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Privacy Statement;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Privacy Statement; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records
Please contact Marine Online (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. as follows:
Call: +65 6571 5888 (Customer Service Hotline)
Data Protection Officer
164 Kallang Way, Level 8
Solaris @ Kallang 164, Singapore 349248
9.2 Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third, you should contact that individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction requests to Marine Online on your behalf.
9.3 You may refuse to give, or may withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data and/or your insured persons’ Personal Data by giving us reasonable notice so long as there are no legal or contractual restrictions preventing you from doing so. For example, you may withdraw your consent for your Personal Data being used for marketing purposes if this withdrawal will not affect our ability to provide you with the products and services that you asked for or have with us.
9.4 However, if you withdraw your consent for us to use your Personal Data for any purposes which we regard as necessary to provide you products and services supplied by or through us, such as for example, matters relating to the servicing and administration of your registration with Marine Online , this may affect our ability to provide you with such products and services, including preventing us from keeping maintaining in force your personal data or properly assessing any issues/matters pertaining to the operation within Marine Online. Withdrawing such consent may also result in the termination of all your policies and contractual relationships with us. There may be other consequences of your withdrawal which Marine Online may advise you of. In the event of any withdrawal of your consents in relation to your Personal Data, Marine Online legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved.
10. Governing Law
10.1 This Privacy Statement and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.
Important notice: Please take note that we are the co-operator of “Marine Online” APP (platform) and “Crewing Online” APP (platform). Businesses, products, and services of these two platforms are interconnected, interactive and functionally support each other. For you to better obtain and enjoy our products and services you hereby agree and authorize “Crewing Online” to synchronize your personal information and data from “Crewing Online” to “Marine Online”.